1. Dress Me Up. It doesn’t matter if it’s expensive or not, what matters is you are comfortable with it and it’s something that you really like. Junior year, my mom had to choose my own own dress and it was a Beaded Prom Dress. I didn’t like it because I looked like I was a princess. I wasn’t comfortable at all because I was the type of girl in HS that prefers to blend in than stand out. I prefer Unique Prom Dresses that brings out the best of me. Thank goodness they listened to me on my senior year because I co-designed it with my parents.
2. Partners For Night. In my HS, we had the liberty to invite whoever we want. If it’s someone who doesn’t belong to the junior and senior class, it was totally fine for as long as you pay for his cover. Do not choose a partner who isn’t in to you (especially the single ladies). Choose someone that you can share a good laugh with and not someone whom you could only end up staring the night with. I should know because junior year, I danced the night away with the most awesome guy! Senior year, I stared and watched my partner danced the night away but not with me! hhahaha
3. Style Me Trendy. Back in the 90’s, cobra hairstyle was so out but my mom brought me to her stylist friend who had no idea what was on trend. The stylist gave me the cobra hairstyle! Ohmy! I seriously tried to runaway from friends who brought cameras. It was a disaster!
4. Circle of Friends. If steps 1-3 didn’t work out so well, your friends will always got your back. Prom will only come once or twice in your lifetime but reminiscing it with your friends somewhere down the road is priceless! Trust me because my HS friends and I still reminisce about good ol’ days even if HS was more than a decade ago.
5. Be Confident and Just Have Fun. If my confidence level right now is the same as that time during my prom, things would have been better. So what if the dress is not the one you envisioned, just pretend that you like it and walk as if you are the prettiest girl in the room. Enjoy the night away because those moments will never return.
If I were to go to prom right now, I would choose any of these dresses from www.victoriasdress.co.uk (Click the picture for direct links)
It’s classic, simple and sexy.
I wish back in the days, it was easy to find Cheap Prom Dresses that are custom-made. If you are not going to the prom, you can always wear these dresses to formal events especially as a wedding guest. I could definitely envision myself wearing this to a wedding here in Japan.
This is a Sponsored Post.